How to clean and remove common spots and spills from all types of carpet using the Cleantec Innovation Envirodri range of carpet cleaning products
If the spot or spill is wet:
- Firstly, pick up any solids & blot the remaining liquid with a white microfiber cloth.
- Remove as much of the spill as possible through this blotting action.
- Dry off by packing with Envirdori dry carpet cleaning microsponges.
- Gently agitate into the carpet using a carpet brush or GEN4 dry carpet cleaning machine - allow to dry.
- Vacuum thoroughly and repeat the procedure if necessary.
- Lightly spray with PRO7 Biological Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner and allow to dry naturally.
If the spot or spill is dry:
- Using a clean, white cloth blot with PRO41 Spot Remover - repeat with a fresh part of the cloth.
- Spray any remaining mark or ‘shadow’ with PRO7 Biological Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner. Allow to dry.
- Repeat the procedure if necessary.
- If the spot is persistent use the Envirodri Microsponges according to the instructions on the pack.
For bad odours:
Lightly mist the area with PRO24 Biological Odour Eliminator taking care to not over-wet the carpet. Leave to dry. Repeat as necessary.
Spot & Spill Removal Tips:
- To avoid spreading larger spills blot - do not rub and work from the outer edge inwards.
- Blot with a white microfiber cloth or plain white cleaning cloths (If you use coloured cloth you run the risk of the colour from the dyes transferring to the carpet.)
- Use white cloths to dry-wipe off after using cleaning liquids.
- Powder based spills should always be vacuumed BEFORE applying any cleaning liquids.
For best results every time:
- Always shake the cleaning solutions before use to activate the ingredients.
- Re-seal the Envirodri Microsponges after use to keep fresh and prevent drying out.
- Always test spot removal products and cleaning products on an inconspicuous area of the carpet before general application.
- Always store your products in a dry place out of direct sunlight and extremes of temperatures.
- Make sure they're always handy so you can tackle spillages as soon as they happen.
|Spill||PRO7 Biological Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner||PRO24 Biological Odour Eliminator||PRO40 Envirodri Microsponges||PRO41 Envirodri Spot Remover|
|Beer and Spirits||X||X|
|Pen and Ink||X|
Please note: This is an overview of the recommended products to use for each scenario. For best results always follow the label on the product and apply a common sense approach with how best to tackle the spot or spill. As with any spillage, time is of the essence, especially when on natural fibers as they are very absorbent. Always remove the solids and absorb as much of the liquid as possible before using any products on the area.